February and March, 1989 – Mom and Poppa Edmond owned two houses, one in North Carolina and the other one in Florida. They were in Florida when Tyler, my son, was born in January. They drove on to their home in NC when they came through Spartanburg to see Tyler after his birth. After spending a few days there to take care of some business and button up their house they headed back to Florida on the 4th of February, and the warm weather they loved so much. She mentioned the flood in Kentucky in her entry on February 15th. After looking it up I saw that the Paducah area had 12 inches of rain over a four day period from the 12th through the 16th. On March 25th, the day before Easter, mom recorded that my younger sister, Donna, had called and told her that she had been T-boned in an accident in Houston and totaled her car. Little did she know at the time that the effects from that accident would still be causing my sister trouble to this day, 30 years later. That just shows you how random life can be sometimes.
Here are this month’s “Legacy Questions” for you to answer.
About your grandparents and great-grandparents
1. Where did your grandparents and great-grandparents live? Where did they come from?
2. What did they do for a living?
3. What was their education level?
4. How many siblings did they have and what were their names?
5. Tell a humorous or inspirational story about one of your grandparents.